- Did you know, the earth contains 326,000,000,000,000,000,000
- gallons of water? That’s 326 million trillion gallons! Of that, 96.5
- percent is saline (saltwater -undrinkable). Two percent is frozen.
- Surprisingly, less than one percent is fresh and drinkable.
Water awareness is now a growing phenomenon!
- As the annual global population continues to increase at rapid speed, access
- to safe drinkable water for many is becoming a luxury or it’s just unavailable.
- As Americans, most of us are blessed to have access to clean water and we can
- choose to be stewards of this life-giving resource. It’s essential to consciously
- conserve water, protect our Earth, and nourish our bodies all at the same time.
Water consciousness begins with us!
- It’s hard to believe that simple actions we take as individuals can have an
- enormous impact, but the cumulative impact of our actions, very well can.
- Choosing to be stewards of this shared global effort will nourish us and
- ensure this vital natural resource is available for generations to come.
- As we consciously act on how, why, and when to use water, we unite as
- part of the solution and not the problem.
Water consciousness begins with us
Don’t Throw Away – Reuse
Not all water bottles are created equal. Throwaway plastic water bottles are a growing global phenomenon with a negative impact on our natural resources, healthy, flying feathered friends, and life within our waters.
Here are the 5 biggest reasons to ditch those throwaway bottles and opt for Reusable ones instead:
01- Plastic Pollutes our Earth
Plastic bottles are not biodegradable. In North America alone, +\-38 billion plastic water bottles go into landfills, where they break down into teeny-tiny micro-plastic pieces leaching out harmful chemicals.
And by the way, fish eat microplastics, and we eat fish.
02- Plastic Harms the Atmosphere
During manufacturing (life) and incineration (death), particulates enter the atmosphere creating pollution and impacting (life after death).
03-Plastic Threatens Global Waters
Garbage patches are rapidly mounting in ocean gyres and seas. around the globe. Impacts life. Takes life.
As we consciously act on how, why, and when to use water,
we become part of the solution and not the problem.
Watch The Story of Bottled Water
Collectively it's the little things we do in our home, outdoors, and within our community that make a bigger difference. I've written a book titled, Eco-Conscious Home, where you will discover an entire chapter dedicated to 'Water Consciousness (Awareness).
Eco-Conscious Home Book Get yours!
Follow us on IG: @CharisseMarei
Join our eNewsletter at our Charisse Marei website
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment