Mmmmm, citrus essential oils—we know you’re swooning for them! Pop open a bottle and take in the sweet, nose-crinkling, mouthwatering, tangy scent.
It’s no secret that Lemon, Lime, and Orange get the limelight in the citrus category. But here’s a secret you need to be in on—there’s a cutie in the citrus bunch that’s worth exploring every . . . single . . . day. Meet Tangerine essential oil!
Orange, Mandarin, Tangerine—oh yes! But what’s the difference?
Oranges, mandarins, and tangerines have similar colors and are petite enough to fit in the palm of your hand while packing a huge punch! Plus, their tangy, tart fragrance and taste hint that they’re cut from the same cloth. Here’s how you can spot a tangerine from the other citrus fruits—it features a deeper orange hue and is extra sweet compared to the other two.
Benefits of Tangerine essential oil
1. Find your focus. Dab tangerine essential oil on onto your temples for an upbeat aroma while you concentrate during a project. You can even diffuse it in your kid’s room while they’re doing homework.
2. Massage your hands and feet. Pamper yourself with a foot and hand rub before bed. Two drops to a dime-sized amount of V-6™ or coconut oil should do the trick.
3. Refresh your skin. See a fresh face in the mirror after using this DIY nighttime face cleanser. Combine 1 tablespoon honey, 2 drops Tangerine, and 1 drop Geranium; massage the mixture into your face, let it sit, and rinse. Pair this cleanser with your favorite nighttime products so you can steer clear of the sun after use, as Tangerine is photosensitizing.*
4. Seek positivity. Put a drop of Tangerine oil in your palm, rub your hands together, and cup them over your nose. Breathe deeply for a boost of citrus-inspired happiness.
5. Blend with this cutie. Tangerine plays well with others and is a must-have in your oil collection. It’s a key ingredient in Peace & Calming®, Citrus Fresh™, Dream Catcher™, Inner Child™, and Joy™.
7. Brighten your kiddo’s life. Dilute Tangerine oil with V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex and rub onto your tiny tot’s feet; or pair it with Stress Away™ and diffuse it in your kids’ rooms.
8. Savor the flavor. Tangerine Vitality™ features antioxidant properties along with its tangy taste, so you’ll want to add a drop or two to your smoothie, juice, strawberry jam, or veggie marinade!
9. Seek citrusy slumber. Diffuse this bedtime companion with Lavender and Roman Chamomile for a relaxing scent.
Want to discover more about Young Living’s citrus family? See what you can do with Orange, Lemon, and Grapefruit essential oils—all on The Lavender Life!
Which one of Tangerine essential oil’s benefits is your favorite?
*Avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 48 hours after applying the product.
As an active Young Living distributor (#909020), well-being consultant and coach, I use Young Living products in my home to purify the air we breathe, to clean and body care. I recommend their use in my book Eco-Conscious Home and recommend to clients through my design consultancy company. I invite you to join my Young Living tribe of empowering and inspiring people. Go directly to my Young Living website at https://www.myyl.com/ecoconscioushome . My Young Living distributor number is 909020. Send all questions to cm@CharisseMarei.com.
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment