As you know, many commercial products are laden with toxins and nasty chemicals. Fortunately, you have safer alternatives when it comes to cleaners, personal care items, products for kids and pets, and even makeup. Wondering where to find items made from natural, plant-based ingredients? This list is a good place to start when switching to a chemical-free home.
At Young Living, they are passionate about using only the best ingredients. They’re picky about what goes into their products because they don’t want to expose our families to nasty chemicals like formaldehyde, artificial dyes, or parabens any more than you do. To help you create a toxin-free household, we formulate our products with ingredients they can be proud of.
So what are you waiting for? Learn about natural products you can start using today!
Start with the kitchen
The first stop on your quest for a chemical-free home? The kitchen! You know a healthy diet is important, but have you considered the impact on your health from the items you use to prepare food or wash cooking utensils? The kitchen is the heart of the home, so the products you use are as important as the food you eat. When washing dishes, cooking, and cleaning fruits and vegetables, watch out for toxins everywhere! Swap out harsh, chemical-laden products with these YL solutions made with naturally derived ingredients.
- Thieves® Dish Soap: Turn a hated chore into a pleasant experience with our plant-based Thieves Dish Soap. It’s gentle on your hands but tough on grime!
- Thieves® Automatic Dishwasher Powder: Feel good about eating off your sparkling-clean dishes when you use Thieves Automatic Dishwasher Powder. This essential oil-infused powder doesn’t leave any toxins behind and is non-GMO to boot!
- Thieves® Fruit and Veggie Soak: What you use to wash your produce is just as important as the detergents you use to clean your dishes. For cleaner fruits and veggies, squirt a few drops of this essential oil-infused formula into a basin of water, soak your produce, and then rinse.
- Frying Pan: Want to keep food from sticking to your pan but are concerned about the health risks of Teflon coatings? Not to worry—our titanium frying pan leaves no food debris behind, even when you cook without oil.
Upgrade your personal care
Next up, take some time to inspect the other products in the bathroom. Many of the personal care products you use daily could also have hidden chemicals or harsh dyes and fragrances. Read the labels on everything from your toothpaste to your shower gel to see where you can make improvements.
- Thieves® AromaBright™ Toothpaste: Get squeaky-clean teeth without exposing yourself to fluoride! You’ll love the sweet and spicy mint flavor of this toothpaste.
- Charcoal Bar Soap: Want a soap that can really do it all? Cleanse, deodorize, and moisturize with this all-in-one bar soap that smells of orange blossoms.
- Bath and Shower Gel Base: Essential oils make baths even more luxurious. Add 5-15 drops of your favorite essential oils to this shower gel base to reap the cleansing and nourishing benefits.
- Shutran™ Bar Soap: This soap takes care of business as well as you do. Use it for your face and body for a squeaky-clean wash that doesn’t dry out your skin.
Scour your medicine cabinet
Your medicine cabinet may keep items out of sight, but that doesn’t mean they should be out of mind. Toxic chemicals may be lurking behind closed doors. Make this small section of your home a little healthier with these simple swaps.
- Insect Repellent Wipes: Most drugstore insect repellent contains DEET and other harsh ingredients that you don’t want on your skin. Swap out these products with our synthetic-free wipes to keep those pesky insects at bay.
- Mineral Essence™: If you have trouble finding supplements you can trust, this full-spectrum ionic mineral complex is for you. We’ve enhanced it with antioxidants, vitamins, and other food-based nutrients to make it even more beneficial.
Boost your beauty regimen
If you’re like many people, you have an entire arsenal of beauty products that you use to primp for the day. But when was the last time you looked at the ingredients in your mascara or lip gloss? If you see talc, bismuth, petrochemicals, or other synthetic ingredients on the label, toss those products out and try these instead.
- ART® Skin Care System: Bring out your natural beauty with this three-piece set that includes a cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. Everyone will be dying to know the secret behind your gorgeous complexion!
- Sheerlumé™: Look and feel radiant with this powerful blend of alpine botanicals and essential oils designed to brighten and even your skin tone.
- Savvy Minerals® Makeup Remover Wipes: Just say no to makeup removers that require endless scrubbing or leave you with irritated, dry skin. Instead, fall in love with our residue-free wipes that leave your face clean, refreshed, and smelling great!
- Savvy Minerals® Mascara: Get enviable lashes that look too good to be real with our Lavender-infused mascara.
- Savvy Minerals® Lip Gloss in Abundant: Think stickiness is a sacrifice you must make for a pretty pout? Think again! Our essential oil-infused lip gloss goes on smooth and comes in a sheer, light pink that’s perfect for any occasion.
- Savvy Minerals® Eyeshadow Palette No. 1: Make a bold impression or embrace a subtle glamour with our stunning mineral eyeshadow that spreads smoothly and never creases.
Clean without toxins for clearer air
Why stop with your beauty regimen? Look at your cleaning products and air fresheners as well to discover where you could make changes for a toxin-free home. From choosing dye- and perfume-free soap to purifying your indoor air, you can do a lot to create a chemical-free home.
- Lavender Foaming Hand Soap: Clean hands don’t have to be chapped hands. Show your hands some love with Lavender essential oil, vitamin E, and aloe.
Be picky with baby products
Your littles ones depend on you for everything from personal hygiene to nutrition, so the products you use for them are especially important. Give your kids the best by choosing products designed with their needs and health in mind.
- Seedlings® Baby Wipes: These chlorine- and alcohol-free wipes clean up sticky hands and poopy bums without drying or irritating.
- Seedlings® Diaper Rash Cream: Made of 100 percent natural ingredients and infused with Lavender essential oil, this is not your average diaper cream. You’re going to want to stock up on this must-have for every diaper bag.
- KidScents® MightyVites™: A healthy vitamin that your kids will eat willingly? Yes, please! MightyVites is packed with the vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and antioxidants that support growing boys and girls.*
- KidScents® Owie™: As its name implies, you can apply this essential oil blend topically to bruises, red marks, and other owies to help improve the appearance of skin.
- KidScents® SleepyIze™: Who wants to stay up with a fussy, wide-awake toddler? Not you! Diffuse SleepyIze 15 minutes before bedtime to fill the room with a calming aroma during your child’s nighttime routine.
Go natural with pet care
When swapping out chemicals with natural products throughout your home, remember your pets too. Many pet products contain synthetic dyes, colorants, or GMO ingredients that can irritate your furry friends. With these natural products, you can pamper your pooch or kitty without worrying about any side effects.
- Animal Scents® Ointment: Flea bites, rashes, and other skin irritations put a damper on any pet’s mood. Boost their spirits with this soothing salve on your pet’s fur.
- Animal Scents® Shampoo: Composed of five essential oils and other plant-based ingredients, this shampoo really packs a punch! It does more than just clean fur—it conditions and strengthens it too.
- Animal Scents® T-Away™: Is your furry companion not its usual, happy-go-lucky self? Try dabbing on a drop of this essential oil blend behind each ear for an aroma to brighten your pet’s mood.
What were your first steps for switching to a toxin-free household?
Tell us in the comments!